The Chapel House Lodge is at the entrance to The Chapel House Nursing Home and Plessington Court Residential Home situated in the beautiful hamlet of Puddington. Chapel House was established in 1987 by the Moore family and the business remains a family concern, with a lot of support from our dedicated team.
The Lodge offers 3 large reception rooms a dining kitchen and two ground floor toilets, lovely private garden area and a large non-slip decking overlooking the garden and rural vistas.
Given our many years in providing care for dementia sufferers, our furnishing has been chosen to provide safety and functionally as follows:
- Curved not sharp edges and corners for safety, so our products are vinyl wrapped
- Easy wipe clean surfaces for infection control
- Wood grain that is plain and simple, not heavily patterned, so it doesn’t cause confusion or concern (which can happen to some, but not all dementia sufferers)
- Contrasting coloured, so clearly visible, large easy to use handles which are functionally obvious
- Strength and durability for all items
- Stable and comfortable seating enabling clients to use for prolonged periods
- Spill proof fabrics
- Subtle not dramatic patterns on fabrics (as strong patterns can cause concern to some, but not all, dementia sufferers)
- Choices of colours for fabrics, linked to above with a familiar and homely environment, that links well with our care homes.
- Items that can hold memory or “cue” information to stimulate the residents