The Dementia Carer Support Service has joined with Admiral Nurses to offer specialist support information and advice to the carers of people living with dementia. We will work in partnership with carers, families and the person living with dementia.
This service will offer psychological support, practical advice and will help carers to develop and improve skills needed when caring for loved ones living with dementia.
We will provide referrals to treatment and support service along with therapeutic, educational and social support carer groups and we will provide guidance and liaise with other professionals.
Admiral Nurses work in partnership with carers, families and people with dementia.
The services they offer include:
• Provide support to carers, families and individuals with dementia
• Psychological support to help understand and deal with feelings and emotions
• Practical advice
• Helping carers to develop and improve skills in care giving
• Referral to treatment and support services
• Therapeutic, educational and social support carer groups
• Guidance about how appropriate services and sources of support can be accessed in your local area
• Liaison with other professionals and organisations to ensure that families obtain coordinated support
For more information, please contact us at the Devonshire Resource Centre on 0151 482 3456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org