The Chapel House DRC works with Dementia UK to provide Admiral Nurses – a service that supports the carers of our community who have dementia. The focus of the service is to maintain independence and improve the quality of life for carers and families and to provide the practical advice they need. Admiral Nurses are registered nurses, and have significant experience of working with people with dementia before becoming an Admiral Nurse.
We operate in our local community, helping people with dementia to stay at home for longer. We also work in other settings, including care homes. Admiral Nurses work in partnership with family carers and people with dementia. A service will be offered for those people who are diagnosed with dementia – regardless of their age.
Our Admiral Nurses have the experience to facilitate the service every step of the way. Currently operating in Neston, Ellesmere Port, Chester and Cheshire West, Macclesfield and Crewe our Admiral Nurses offer:
- Skilled assessments to determine the needs of family carers and the needs of the person with dementia
- Information and practical advice for carers and their families on supporting those with dementia
- To work with carers and families to provide emotional and psychological support throughout the caring journey
- Advice on how to care for someone with dementia and help to develop skills to encourage positive approaches to living with dementia
- To work together with other professionals and organisations to provide additional support if you need it.
- Please note that Service Users can be either the person with dementia or the carer.
Please contact us on 0151 3532043 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact Admiral Nurse Dementia Helpline on 0800 888 6678, from 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday and Saturdays and Sundays 9am to 5pm. Or send an email to email@example.com